7 Days Lemosho Route
Lemosho route 7 days climb – The Kilimanjaro climb 7 days lemosho is the best for acclimatization.The remote is less used and beautiful way up to the Shira Plateau.
Day 1:Arrival in Moshi
Our friendly transfer driver will meet you at Kilimanjaro airport. After loading the luggage into the vehicle you will make your way to your hotel for the evening. You can relax the rest of the day or go and explore the small town of Moshi. Our team will meet you later the day to have a preliminary talk in preparation for the days to follow.
Day 2 : Drive to Kilimanjaro National Park Londorossi Gate, Hike to Mti Mkubwa Camp
After breakfast and briefing, drive to Londorossi Park Gate (about a 3-hour drive). From here a forest track requiring a 4WD vehicle leads to Lemosho Glades. Walk along forest trails to Mti Mkubwa (big tree) campsite.
- Elevation: 1830m/6000ft to 2650m/8700ft
- Distance: 6km/4mi
- Hiking Time: 2-3 hours
- Habitat: Montane Forest
- Meals: LD
- Budget Lodging: Mti Mkubwa Camp
Day 3 : Hike Mti Mkubwa Camp to Shira 1 Camp
- Elevation: 11,500-ft/3,505-m
- Distance: 12km
- Hiking time: 7 – 8 hours
- Habitat: Moorland and heather land
After breakfast and Medical checkup we leave the camp, and start the climb towards the heath and moorland zone. A couple hours after lunch we cross into the Shira Caldera, a high altitude desert plateau, very different from the rain forest. A high altitude desert, Shira is the one among the three peaks which erupted in Kilimanjaro ecosystem. The peak later collapsed and formed a crater which eventually became filled with the lava flow from Kibo peak. Its rim is eroded and blasted away by weather and volcanic action. Weather and volcanic action have decimated the crater rim. Today you’ll get your first close views of Kibo – the summit of Kilimanjaro.
Day 4 : Hike Shira 1 Camp to Shira 2
- Elevation: 3500m to 3800m.
- Distance: 7km
- Hiking time: 4-5 hours
- Habitat: Moorland and rock.
This day after breakfast then medical checkup you will trek to east across Shira plateau visiting Shira Cathedral Peak (3850m) for acclimatization. At this peak you will have great views of both Mt. Meru and Kibo
Peak and other many spectacular special features then continue walk to Shira Two camp for hot meal then having a short rest before going for acclimatization after back to the camp for tea, coffee, hot chocolates with popcorn or nuts, dinner and overnight here.
Day 5: Shira Camp to Lava Tower to Barranco Camp
From the Shira Plateau we continue to the east up a ridge, passing the junction towards the peak of Kibo. As we continue, our direction changes to the South East towards the Lava Tower, called the “Shark’s Tooth” (elev 4650m/15,250ft). Shortly after the tower we come to the second junction which goes to the Arrow Glacier. We now continue down to the Barranco Camp. Although you end the day around the same elevation as when you began, this day is very important for acclimatization and will help your body prepare for summit day.
- Elevation: 3850m/12,600ft to 4000m/13,000ft
- Distance: 10km/6mi
- Walking Time: 5-6 hours
- Habitat: Semi-desert
- Meals: BLD
Day 6: Barranco Camp to Barafu Camp
After breakfast, we leave Barranco and continue on a steep ridge up the Barranco Wall (elev 4250m/13,900ft), through the Karanga Valley (elev 4050m/13,250ft) to the junction which connects with the Mweka Trail. We continue up to the Barafu Camp. You have completed the South Circuit, which offers views of the summit from many different angles. Here we make camp with views of the summit in the distance.
- Elevation: 4000m/13,000ft to 4700m/15,350ft
- Distance: 9km/6mi
- Hiking Time: 6-8 hours
- Habitat: Alpine Desert
- Meals: BLD
Day 7 : Barafu Camp to Summit, down to Mweka Camp
Very early in the morning (midnight to 2 am), we continue our way to the summit between the Rebmann and Ratzel glaciers. You head in a northwesterly direction and ascend through heavy scree towards Stella Point on the crater rim. This is the most mentally and physically challenging portion of the trek. At Stella Point you will stop for a short rest and will be rewarded with the most magnificent sunrise you are ever likely to see. Faster hikers may view the sunrise from the summit.
From Stella Point, you may encounter snow all the way on your 1-hour ascent to the summit. Once at Uhuru Peak you have reached the highest point on Mount Kilimanjaro and the continent of Africa!
From the summit we begin our descent by continuing straight down to the Mweka Camp, stopping at Barafu for lunch. You may want gaiters and trekking poles for the loose gravel going down. We arrive at Mweka Camp and enjoy our last evening on the mountain.
- Elevation: 4700m/15,350ft to 5895m/19,340ft
- Down to 3090m/10,150ft
- Distance: 5km/3mi up / 13km/8mi down
- Hiking Time: 5-7 hours up / 5-6 hours down
- Habitat: Stone scree and ice-capped summit
- Meals: BLD
Day 8: Mweka Camp to Mweka Gate, drive to Moshi
After breakfast we continue the descent down to the Mweka Park Gate to receive your summit certificates. At lower elevations, it can be wet and muddy. Gaiters and trekking poles will help. Shorts and t-shirts will probably be plenty to wear (keep rain gear and warmer clothing handy).
Karibu Adventure vehicle will be waiting for you at Mweka gate to drive you back to your hotel in Moshi (about 30 minutes)
- Elevation: 3090m/10,150ft to 1680m/5500ft
- Distance: 10km/6m
- Hiking Time: 3-4 hours
- Habitat: Forest. 6 Days Machame Route Climb
- Meals: B/B
Day 9: Fly back home or proceeding with wildlife safari or Zanzibar
7 Days Lemosho Route +2 nights hotel
The price for the mountain includes:
- Park fees, camping fees & rescue fees
- Twice a day medical health check up, monitoring with pulse-oximeter and stethoscope with basic first aid kit
- Oxygen Cylinder
- Orientation meeting in Moshi and gear check as well.
- 18% VAT on tour fees & services
- Camping equipment (tents, sleeping mat, camp chairs, camp tables, mess tent & cutlery for meals) and 3 Season mountain tents
- Transportation to & from the mountain gate
- Medically qualified mountain guides, cooks and porters
- 3 Meals while on the mountain + evening tea with popcorn or peanuts.
- Hot water for washing up daily and treated water for drink while climbing.
- Pre & Post Trek accommodation in Moshi (Click HERE) Bed & Breakfast Basis with storage facilities for excess luggage during hikes.
- Fair wages for the mountain crew as approved by the Kilimanjaro National Park Authority (KINAPA), Kilimanjaro Association of Tour Operators (KIATO)
- Local meals at selected restaurants in Moshi Town
- 3-4 porters per climber, which includes porters to carry up to 30 lbs of your personal gear.
- Kilimanjaro certificate for your successful summit attempt.
- Tips to mountain crew (Click HERE to see tipping policy)
- Items of a personal nature
- Laundry Services
- Entry visa for Tanzania
- Portable flush toilet with a toilet tent is extra (US$150 per toilet + toilet tent)