Accommodation on the Mountain
Karibu Adventures has the most comfortable Kilimanjaro camps, custom-designed to go above and beyond what other outfitters provide. And the quality of your camp is very important: keeping your body healthy and rested is absolutely essential to summit success.
- Tents come with full-tent closed-cell foam ground pads, which keep you warmer, drier, and more comfortable.
- Tailored fly sheets and attached vestibules provide space for your gear.
- Tents are large enough for three adults, but we never sleep more than two in a tent.
- Sleeping pad (non-inflatable 2-inch pad with nylon cover)
- Tents for the 3-persons but only 2 peoples sleep in (Mountain Hardware or similar)
We take our equipment very seriously and make sure everything is in good working order. Equipment is selected to provide a comfortable experience on the trek.
Mountain Hut Accommodations
This is the only route which offers sleeping huts in dormitory style accommodations in lieu of camping. Guests are supplied with mattresses and pillows, but sleeping bags are still required. The huts have communal dining halls and basic washrooms, ranging from flushing toilets and running water at the lower huts to long drop toilets and buckets of water at Kibo Hut.
The Marangu Route is the oldest on Kilimanjaro and is also one of the most popular – mainly because it is the only route on the mountain that has huts provided for hikers. There are 60 bunk beds each at Mandara and Kibo Huts, and 120 bunk beds at Horombo Hut.