Kilimanjaro Food Menu
Kilimanjaro food as we’ve already mentioned, staying hydrated and well-fed on your climb is absolutely vital, especially when conditions are such that you might not want to eat or drink as much as you should.
As a special reward after your summit ascent, we’ll have an “All Day English Breakfast” ready and waiting for you when you arrive back at Base Camp – just let our cook know how you like your eggs done! And before you leave the mountain, you also get to sample some of the local Tanzanian cuisine such as Njegere and Machalari or banana stew.
For each climb on Mount Kilimanjaro a dedicated cook will be part of the logistical team. read more
Below are typical foods from our standard menu that you can expect to eat during your climb (sample menu)
Tea, Coffee, Hot Chocolate
|Tea, Coffee, Hot Chocolate||Tea, Coffee, Hot Chocolate|
|Vegetable Soup||Vegetable Soup|
|Toast, Biscuits with Margarine, Jam, Peanut Butter, Honey||Bread, Biscuits or Pancakes with Jam, Peanut Butter, Honey||Bread, Biscuits or Pancakes with Jam, Peanut Butter, Honey|
|Eggs, Sausages or Bacon||Chicken Curry, Rice, Chapati, Green Beans||Spaghetti with meat sauce|
|Porridge or Pancakes||Snack: Peanuts, Popcorn, Cake, Cookies||Potatoes, Rice, Pasta|
|Fresh Fruit: Mango, Orange, Pineapple, Banana, Avocado or Watermelon||Fresh Salad: Tomato, Cucumber, Onion, Carrots, Green Peppers||Fresh Vegetables: Carrots, Peas, Tomato, Beans, Greens|
NOTE: There will be evening tea / coffer / Hot Chocolate with NUTS, POPCORN and Chicken drumstick
Karibu Adventure recommend you bring some of your own trail snacks to eat, especially for your summit night. Bring some supplementary “comfort” foods, such as candy, gum, chocolate, health bars or powdered energy drinks. We can organize vegetarian and vegan meals and for those with special diets, please contact us to discuss what we can or cannot do for you.
Kindly note that food selection is limited in Tanzania, so although we will try to please all clients, in some cases clients will be asked to bring their specific food items to us, which our cooks will prepare.
- Fresh, organic ingredients are resupplied throughout the entire trek.
- Nutritionist-designed meals include an optimal balance of complex carbohydrates, protein, and fats.
- Vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, and kosher diets can be accommodated with advance notice.
- Unlimited purified drinking water provided daily.
- Chefs are trained in hygienic food preparation and allergy safety.
- Custom dining tents and comfy chairs included on every trek.
- Eco-friendly solar lighting brightens your meals.
Water is collected from mountain streams and treated with water guard water purification tablets. Water is provided only at the campsites so you need to carry enough water, usually about 3 liters, to stay hydrated while you hike.
- Morning tea in tent
- Wash basin with soap in morning and upon arrival at camp
- Wash water with soap and towel before meals
- Dining tent with table and chairs