JOIN THE GROUP
Group climbs are great to experience the climbing Kilimanjaro with other travelers from around the world. Our groups usually range from 4-12 persons. The maximum number of clients in a group climb is 12-18 persons depending on the route chosen.
If the dates below are not convenient for you please propose your own dates and we will arrange a climb specifically to suit you. We are able to organize a climb for you on any day of the year, and there is no minimum group size for this option.
These are the importance of joining a group on Kilimanjaro climbing:
- Saving Cost – Climbing Kilimanjaro is even more expensive if you are a solo climber. Get discounts and save loads by latching into one of our small open groups of 2 to 18 climbers
- Companionship – Groups provide climbers to simply be in the company of other people.
- Achievement – Groups have the capability to achieve more than individuals acting alone.
- Making new friends and cultural value – Organize people from different places and culture and meet new people and make a new friend that may give you a reason to come out for sharing more experience and have fun.
- Strength in Numbers – You have access to an established support system of experienced people who are motivated to get things done.
- Stay Inspired and Motivated – Learn to love what you do! You may not even know that you love something, but it’s important to be proactive about things you discover on the journey. Join a group of Kilimanjaro climbers crew and discover something new on your hiking experience. Saving Cost – Climbing Kilimanjaro is even more expensive if you are a solo climber. Get discounts and save loads by latching into one of our small open groups of 2 to 18 climbers.
|2021 GROUP CLIMBS|
Price Per Person (USD)
Updated February 15, 2021
|Route||Arrival Date||Climb Date||Price (USD)||Trip Availability|
|8 day Lemosho Route||Mar 8th, 2021||Mar 10th – 17th||Closed|
|Long Rainy Season (Mid-March to Mid-June)|
|7 day Machame||Jun 6, 2021||Jun 8th to 14th||14 spaces|
|8 day Lemosho Route||Jun 9, 2021||Jun 11th to 18th||9 spaces|
|7 day Lemosho Route||Jun 13, 2021||Jun 15th to 21st||Closed|
|7 day Rongai route||Jun 10th||Jun 12th to 18th||Open|
|6 day machame Route||Jul 1st||Jul 3rd 8th||18 spaces|
|8 day Northern Circuit||Jul 6, 2021||Jul 8th to 15th , 2021||8 spaces|
|6 day Rongai Route||Jul 16, 2021||Jul 18th to 23rd , 2021||16 Spaces|
|7 day Machame Route||Jul 18, 2021||Jul 20th to 26th , 2021||Open|
|8 day Lemosho Route||Jul 24, 2021||26th to Aug 2, 2021||10 spaces|
|7 day Shira Route||Jul 31, 2021||2nd to Aug 8, 2021||18 spaces|
|8 day Lemosho Route||Aug 7, 2021||9th to Aug 16, 2021||10 spaces|
|6 day Machame route||Aug 14, 2021||16th to Aug 21st , 2021||Open|
|8 day Lemosho Route||Aug 15, 2021||17th to Aug 24, 2021||7 spaces|
|7 day Rongai Route||Aug 16, 2021||18th Aug 24, 2021||8 spaces|
|8 day Lemosho Route||Aug17, 2021||19th to Aug 26, 2021||Closed|
|8 day Lemosho Route||Aug 28, 2021||30th to Sep 6, 2021||10 spaces|
|8 day Lemosho Route||Sep 4, 2021||6th to Sep 13, 2021||14 spaces|
|7 day Rongai route||Sep 13, 2021||15th to Sep 21st , 2021||9 Spaces|
|8 day Lemosho Route||Sep 14, 2021||16th to Sep 23, 2021||Closed|
|7 day Shira route||Sep 14, 2021||16th Sep 22nd, 2021||16 spaces|
|8 day Lemosho Route||Sep 15, 2021||17th Sep 24, 2021||Closed|
|8 day Lemosho Route||Sep 25, 2021||27th Oct 4, 2021||7 spaces|
|7 day Lemosho Route||Oct 2, 2021||4th Oct 10, 2021||6 spaces|
|8 day Northern Circuit||Oct 11, 2021||13th Oct 20th, 2021||Open|
|8 day Lemosho Route||Oct 12, 2021||14t Oct 21st , 2021||8 spaces|
|8 day Lemosho Route||Oct 14, 2021||16th Oct 23, 2021||12 spaces|
|8 day Lemosho Route||Oct 23, 2021||25th Nov 1, 2021||6 Spaces|
|Short Rainy Season (November)|
|8 day Lemosho Route||Nov 28th , 2021||30th to Dec 6th , 2021||8 Spaces|
|8 day Rongai route||Dec 1st , 2021||3rd to 10th Dec 21, 2021||14 spaces|
|8 day Lemosho Route||Dec 12, 2021||14th Dec 21, 2021||15 spaces|
|8 day Lemosho Route||Dec 18, 2021||20th Dec 27, 2021||9 spaces|
|9 day Northern Circuit||Dec 24, 2021||26th Jan 3, 2022||8 spaces|
|8 day Lemosho Route||Dec 25, 2021||27th Jan 3, 2022||11 spaces|
|If your dates are not available above, we can arrange a private climb for you.|
Our standard package includes the following:
- Medically qualified guides
- Twice a day medical health check up, monitoring with pulse-oximeter and stethoscope.
- Oxygen Cylinder
- 2 nights hotel in Moshi one prior the climb and one after the climb with storage facilities for excess luggage during hikes
- Orientation meeting in Moshi and gear check as well.
- Pick up and drop off to the Airport
- Kilimanjaro National Park permits, camping/hut fees, and rescue fees
- Tanzania VAT (18%)on tourism activities and park fees
- 3-4 porters per climber, which includes porters to carry up to 30 lbs of your personal gear.
- All meals while on the climb + evening tea with popcorn or peanuts.
- As much treated water you can drink while climbing.
- Hot water for washing up daily.
- Basic first aid kit
- Salaries for mountain support crew, as per required KINAPA minimum payments
- Camping equipment (tents, sleeping mat, camp chairs, camp tables, mess tent & cutlery for meals) – not applicable on the Marangu route as all meals are served at the camps in designated dining halls
- Kilimanjaro National Park certificate for your successful summit attempt
Excluded from Standard Package rates
- Flights and airport taxes
- Items of a personal nature
- Hotel accommodation with the Standard Package does not include dinner, but could be arranged at an additional cost
- Compulsory tips for guides, porters and cook (average tip is anything from US$250 to US$ 350 per hiker – depending on the number of days and number of hikers in the group, as well as the route chosen)
- Entry visa for Tanzania (US$50 per passport holder for most nationalities / US $ 100 per visa for USA passport holders)
- Health requirements (Yellow Fever – only compulsory if you travel to Tanzania via a Yellow Fever infected country, Meningitis & Hepatitis A remains optional, but comes recommended)
- Optional but highly recommended travel and medical insurance.
- Standard Packages do not include Flying doctors memberships (Helicopter evacuation to Nairobi), but could be done at own arrangement
- Personal hiking/trekking gear – you could rent some of the gear in Tanzania at our office
- Optional, but highly recommended Portable toilet (Portable toilet not allowed on the Marangu route)
- Snacks, personal medicine
- Meals and drinks not specified.
Kilimanjaro additional costs:
- Single supplement, for single tent per trip $45
- Extra porter, for excess gear, per day $15
- Extra hotel night, check in 11AM, check out 10AM, per room $75 Single room and double room $85 bed and breakfast.
- Private toilet, for private climbs $15 per day