Karibu adventures Certificates
Mt Kilimanjaro Trustful Tour Operator – Tour operators are regulated by the Government and are required to maintain proper licenses to operate tours up Kilimanjaro. The following is a list of requirements to be a licensed tour operator for Mount Kilimanjaro:
- Certificate of Incorporation – Issued by Govt. of Tanzania
- Taxpayer Identification Number – Tanzania Revenue Authority
- TALA License Documentation for Mountain Climbing – Tanzania Tourist Licensing Board
A Kilimanjaro tour is a once in a lifetime trip.
It is a trip on which you spend a heck of a lot of money.
It is a trip into a part of the world that you are likely not familiar with.
And it is a trip that, if organized by irresponsible or incompetent Kilimanjaro tour operators, can quickly become dangerous and even life threatening.
Now, you may think that Kilimanjaro trekking companies would all be responsible and competent.
After all, they have to get approved by the park authorities, right? And all the mountain guides have to be licensed, right? So that would ensure that no matter who you go with, at least you would be safe, right?
There are several hundred operators who offer Kilimanjaro tours
Tanzania is a typical African country and regulation exists only on paper. There are a million loopholes and evasion strategies. The people supposed to enforce the regulations are poor. A budget Kilimanjaro tour operator can bribe his way out of any requirements that would cost him too much money to keep his rock bottom prices.
How To Choose The Best Kilimanjaro Operator
What signs do you need to look for when choosing a tour operator to take you on a trek up Mount Kilimanjaro? It’s a hugely important decision, so do your research well and early, says our expert, Safari Wanderer.
There’s no reason why a trek up Mount Kilimanjaro should be dangerous, but choosing a bad operator could make it exactly that. This decision is probably the most important one when you’re doing your planning. After all, your operator will be responsible for your safety on the mountain, your comfort and your chances of reaching the summit. So, you need to make sure that they measure up on a number of fronts.
Some people are more comfortable booking with an operator in their own country – but why? Many of the foreign-based operators actually use local trekking agencies to provide the guides on the mountain, so booking with a Tanzanian operator for your Kilimanjaro trek means that everything is controlled and managed by them locally. And in this day of internet, e-mail and Skype, you can ask a Tanzania-based operator all the questions you want, whenever you want. Search out a good, Tanzanian operator to take you to the summit!
Plan ahead, book ahead
Book your Kilimanjaro trek well in advance and you will benefit from the advice of your Kilimanjaro operator. A good operator will be able to advise you on important matters such as getting fit, sourcing the right equipment, what to bring in your daypack. And by planning ahead, you will have time to do some practice walks, trying out your boots and specialist clothing.
Read the reviews
However good your operator claims they are, you can get extra comfort from using the feedback given by those who’ve climbed with them before you. Don’t just spend a few seconds on this: read the reviews in detail. Have any concerns been expressed by visitors about safety, the food or the quality of the tents on their Kilimanjaro trek? What are people saying about the quality of their mountain guides? How do they treat the porters? Remember that climbing Kilimanjaro is a serious exercise and a poor quality operator who doesn’t pay attention to these matters may not get you to the top in comfort – or at all! If you don’t like what you read, if you have concerns, then it’s simply time to move on and find another operator.
Read The Operators Website
A good operator has to care about your safety on the Kilimanjaro trek, and they will want you to be prepared before you arrive. Check their website pages carefully – they should have something called ‘Trip Notes’ or something similar, giving you detailed information on how to be ready for your climb-of-a-lifetime. Are their mountain guides experienced and trained? Ask yourself: if the operator hasn’t prepared this information for its future visitors, is it likely to be your best choice to take care of you on the climb itself? On the other hand, if the information is helpful and comprehensive, then it is probably good evidence that they are professional. Enjoy your Kilimanjaro trek!
Why Climb Kilimanjaro with us (Karibu Adventures)
- LOCAL OPERATORS & TALA Licence company : We are a Tanzanian Company.We were born here, live here & work here; we know Tanzania. When you purchase a Karibu Adventures you are dealing directly with the company providing the services, not with an agent shopping for services in Africa on your behalf. Our guides are all local, knowledgeable and indigenous to this part of Africa – we do not employ foreign guides as we believe the best people to show you our homeland has to be a Tanzanian born and bred!
- We offering Air Ambulance with Flying Doctor who can evacuate you in case of any severe problems arise up to an altitude of 4000m
- WE DELIVER: Anyone can have fabulous websites, glossy brochures and equally glossy promises;’ at Karibu Adventures we use simplicity to its finest and are straightforward in telling you about what to expect on your Adventures and implement the promises we make. We deliver!
- RIGHT PRICES: We provide QUALITY at the RIGHT PRICE.We do NOT compete with operators who charge less as they realize what their services are worth! Moreover, in Africa, you do not have to pay the most to get the best! We believe our prices to be affordable & the best available.
- Highest Safety Standards: Our guiding and safety gear provisions deliver the safest Kilimanjaro experience;
- Comfiest Camping: Best camping kit on Kilimanjaro;
- Professional Team: Our guides and climbing crew are seasoned pros;
- Ethical Porter Treatment: We set the standards;
- Gourmet Food: Fresh, healthy meals with local ingredients and catering for special needs;
- Responsible Tourism: Committed to environmental responsibility;
- Over decade Years Experience: So you benefit from our expertise and passion.
Karibu Adventures takes the safety of our guests and guides seriously and has more safety equipment than any other outfitter on Kilimanjaro.
We supply every trek with:
- Oxygen – For emergency use to ensuring that every trekker has easy access to emergency oxygen.
- First-aid, Trauma and Medicine Kits – Fully stocked as per Wilderness First Responder guidelines and including medicine instructions.
- Pulse-oximeter – To measure heart rate, blood oxygen levels and rapidly detects changes in blood oxygen level. The Head Guide checks, evaluates and documents blood oxygen levels and heart rate for each climber daily at dinner time.
- Mobile Phones – Carried by all guides for daily communications with our base in Moshi.
- Safety Briefing – A full safety briefing is given by the Head Guide before each trek, covering expectations, risks, safety gear and preventative safety.
- Provide only Wilderness First Responder certified guides so our entire guiding team is trained and certified to the highest level.
Specialized mountain crew members who join every trek:
- Wilderness First Responder Certified Mountain Guides – All of our mountain guides hold current certification and are re-certified every two years.
- Mountain Chef – Our Mountain Chefs are trained to the highest standards because good nourishment is a priority for our climbers. They specialize in cooking set menu plans based on specially created and highly detailed recipes. Every year we review and improve recipes while our Chefs undergo additional training including vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free menu plans.
- Waiters – Each trek has a Head Waiter and an Assistant Waiter (depending on service level) to ensure a professional meal service and keeping the dining tent clean & organized.
- Campsite Manager – Our Campsite Managers organize the expert setup and breakdown of each camp, and practice the Leave No Trace wilderness ethics. Camp Set Up Crew – Our fastest porters reach the next camp location first, to secure the best tent sites daily.
- Sanitary Services Crew – This specialist team is trained in sanitary services including collection and treatment of drinking water and managing hand-washing stations for climbers.