Mount Kilimanjaro Tour Operator
Mt Kilimanjaro Trustful Tour Operator – Tour operators are regulated by the Government and are required to maintain proper licenses to operate tours up Kilimanjaro. The following is a list of requirements to be a licensed tour operator for Mount Kilimanjaro:
- Certificate of Incorporation – Issued by Govt. of Tanzania
- Taxpayer Identification Number – Tanzania Revenue Authority
- TALA License Documentation for Mountain Climbing – Tanzania Tourist Licensing Board
A Kilimanjaro tour is a once in a lifetime trip.
It is a trip on which you spend a heck of a lot of money.
It is a trip into a part of the world that you are likely not familiar with.
And it is a trip that, if organized by irresponsible or incompetent Kilimanjaro tour operators, can quickly become dangerous and even life threatening.
Now, you may think that Kilimanjaro trekking companies would all be responsible and competent.
After all, they have to get approved by the park authorities, right? And all the mountain guides have to be licensed, right? So that would ensure that no matter who you go with, at least you would be safe, right?
There are several hundred operators who offer Kilimanjaro tours
Tanzania is a typical African country and regulation exists only on paper. There are a million loopholes and evasion strategies. The people supposed to enforce the regulations are poor. A budget Kilimanjaro tour operator can bribe his way out of any requirements that would cost him too much money to keep his rock bottom prices.
How To Choose The Best Kilimanjaro Operator
What signs do you need to look for when choosing a tour operator to take you on a trek up Mount Kilimanjaro? It’s a hugely important decision, so do your research well and early, says our expert, Safari Wanderer.
There’s no reason why a trek up Mount Kilimanjaro should be dangerous, but choosing a bad operator could make it exactly that. This decision is probably the most important one when you’re doing your planning. After all, your operator will be responsible for your safety on the mountain, your comfort and your chances of reaching the summit. So, you need to make sure that they measure up on a number of fronts.
Some people are more comfortable booking with an operator in their own country – but why? Many of the foreign-based operators actually use local trekking agencies to provide the guides on the mountain, so booking with a Tanzanian operator for your Kilimanjaro trek means that everything is controlled and managed by them locally. And in this day of internet, e-mail and Skype, you can ask a Tanzania-based operator all the questions you want, whenever you want. Search out a good, Tanzanian operator to take you to the summit!
Plan ahead, book ahead
Book your Kilimanjaro trek well in advance and you will benefit from the advice of your Kilimanjaro operator. A good operator will be able to advise you on important matters such as getting fit, sourcing the right equipment, what to bring in your daypack. And by planning ahead, you will have time to do some practice walks, trying out your boots and specialist clothing.
Read the reviews
However good your operator claims they are, you can get extra comfort from using the feedback given by those who’ve climbed with them before you. Don’t just spend a few seconds on this: read the reviews in detail. Have any concerns been expressed by visitors about safety, the food or the quality of the tents on their Kilimanjaro trek? What are people saying about the quality of their mountain guides? How do they treat the porters? Remember that climbing Kilimanjaro is a serious exercise and a poor quality operator who doesn’t pay attention to these matters may not get you to the top in comfort – or at all! If you don’t like what you read, if you have concerns, then it’s simply time to move on and find another operator.
Read The Operators Website
A good operator has to care about your safety on the Kilimanjaro trek, and they will want you to be prepared before you arrive. Check their website pages carefully – they should have something called ‘Trip Notes’ or something similar, giving you detailed information on how to be ready for your climb-of-a-lifetime. Are their mountain guides experienced and trained? Ask yourself: if the operator hasn’t prepared this information for its future visitors, is it likely to be your best choice to take care of you on the climb itself? On the other hand, if the information is helpful and comprehensive, then it is probably good evidence that they are professional. Enjoy your Kilimanjaro trek!
Why Climb Kilimanjaro with us:
Highest Safety Standards:
- Skilled Guides in treatment of acute mountain sickness
- Perform twice daily health checks on the mountain
- Monitor oxygen saturation & heart rate with pulse oximeter
- Intensive train in first aid & rescue on the mountain
- Emergency oxygen Tank included on all climbs
We are a LOCAL OPERATORS & License company :
- We are a Tanzanian company.
- Our guides are all local
- knowledgeable and indigenous to this part of Africa.
- You are dealing directly with the company providing the services, not with an agent shopping for services in Africa on your behalf. read more
- Hand selected, licensed local guides
- Over Decades of climbing experience
- Certified in Wilderness First Responders (WFR)
- Over 15,000 clients led to the summit
- Follow all KPA porter welfare guidelines
- We have the best camping equipment on Kilimanjaro;
- Rugged, 4 season Mountain tents
- Nutritious meals made from fresh, local ingredients
- Treated water with Water Guard
We offer an Air Ambulance
- With a flying doctor who can evacuate you if any significant problems arise up to an altitude of 4000m (13,000 feet). Ab
- Anyone can have fabulous websites, glossy brochures and equally glossy promises. At Karibu Adventures, we use simplicity to its finest and are straightforward in telling you about what to expect on your Adventures.
- We provide QUALITY at the RIGHT PRICE.
- We do NOT compete with operators who charge less as they realize what their services are worth! However, in Africa, you do not have to pay the most to get the best! We believe our prices to be affordable & the best available.
Over 10 Years Experience:
You will benefit from our expertise and dedication for you to reach your goal of reaching the summit of Mount Kilimanjaro.
Specialized mountain crew members who join every trek:
- Wilderness First Responder Certified Mountain Guides – All of our mountain guides hold current certification and are re-certified every two years.
- Mountain Chef – Our Mountain Chefs are trained to the highest standards in because good nourishment is a priority for our climbers. They specialize in cooking set menu plans based on specially created and highly detailed recipes. Every year we review and improve recipes while our Chefs undergo additional training including vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free menu plans.
- Waiters – Each trek has a Head Waiter and an Assistant Waiter (depending on service level) to ensure a professional meal service and keeping the dining tent clean & organized.
- Campsite Manager – Our Campsite Managers organize the expert setup and breakdown of each camp, and practice the “Leave No Trace” wilderness ethics.
- Camp Set Up Crew – Our fastest porters reach the next camp location first, to secure the best tent sites daily.
- Sanitary Services Crew – This specialist team is trained in sanitary services including collection and treatment of drinking water and managing hand-washing stations for climbers.
Airport Pick up
Airport arrival can be a tough job, especially when you nock new places airport doors. We’ve got it organized for you. Both Pickup Karibu Adventure team and will be there to make sure you are well received and collected to your place of stay on time.
We using the best hotels/Lodge with front door, smart, friendly and welcoming with good customer care service who are eager to assist you about any inquiry. They’ll be at your service during your stay, for any need you may start with us.
Tailoring your holiday adventure needs a highly knowledgeable people and we have them. Our travel consultancy have years of experience in the field of tourism and adventure. They have wide knowledge on the destinations and what is needed to make your vacation unforgettable.
With more than 12 safari guides and 14 climbing specialists, with good command of English,french, German, and Spanish, most talented with evacuation and rescue skills, they are mostly respected professionals in our company with years of experience. Our guides are ready to take you in either safari expeditions or mountain adventures to make your holiday vacation unforgettable one.