Kilimanjaro Fitness – Climbing is a hike, therefore the best preparation one can do is to hike, preferably under simulated conditions . We suggest that you spend some of your training by merely hiking. In addition to regular gym workouts, make sure you also go for walks in order to stimulate relevant muscle development .
How do I Train to Climb Kilimanjaro?
- Being in good shape is important in many respects. General aerobic fitness allows the body to function efficiently with less oxygen.
- A fit body is more likely to withstand the stress of consecutive days of hiking and camping.
- Many people into their 70’s have successfully summited, leaving younger climbers in their tracks.
- The norm is doing a variety of stretching movements to warm up, strengthen and progressively challenge the tendons, ligaments, joints and muscles.
- It is important that your body is adequately prepared for the physical challenges of Mount Kilimanjaro. We have developed a fitness training program which will assist you in getting your body in shape for your Kilimanjaro summit expedition.
- It is possible to summit Kilimanjaro successfully. Try to anticipate various different scenarios, which you may possibly encounter on the mountain and try to work out the most suitable course of action, mentally by yourself or even as a group.