Kilimanjaro Food Menu
For each climb on Mount Kilimanjaro a dedicated cook will be part of the logistical team
- Fresh, organic ingredients are resupplied throughout the entire trek.
- Nutritionist-designed meals include an optimal balance of complex carbohydrates, protein, and fats.
- Vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, and kosher diets can be accommodated with advance notice.
- Unlimited purified drinking water provided daily.
- Chefs are trained in hygienic food preparation and allergy safety.
- Custom dining tents and comfy chairs included on every trek.
- Eco-friendly solar lighting brightens your meals.
Below are typical foods from our standard menu that you can expect to eat during your climb (sample menu)
Breakfast: Eggs, sausages, bacon, French toast/pancakes, bread/toast, cereal/porridge, fruit. Margarine, jam, honey, peanut butter. Tea, coffee, hot chocolate, fruit juice.
Packed Lunch: Carrot and cucumber strips, avocado slices, boiled eggs, chicken, meat cutlets, sandwiches (egg, cheese, tomato, meat, tuna, or peanut butter), fruit. Meat sauce and bread.
Dinner: Soup of the day, bread, salad, meat/chicken/fish, rice/pasta/potatoes, vegetables, lentils, fruit. Tea, coffee, hot chocolate
Snacks: Peanuts, popcorn, crisps, cookies.
Karibu Adventure recommend you bring some of your own trail snacks to eat, especially for your summit night.
- Lightweight and low-calorie is good, and energy or granola bars, chocolate, candy, cookies, crackers, nuts, and dried fruit are all popular choices.
- Be sure to choose things that you really like, because you’ll need extra incentive to keep eating if you find your appetite decreasing at high altitude.
- Adding drink crystals such as Gatorade, Crystal Light, or Tang to one of your water bottles may also encourage you to consume extra fluids, and they often taste especially delicious on a hard day of hiking!
- Morning tea in tent
- Wash basin with soap in morning and upon arrival at camp
- Wash water with soap and towel before meals
- Dining tent with table and chairs