Tanzania Visa & Passport
Most tourists visiting Tanzania from overseas will require a valid tourist visa. Visas can be obtained from your nearest Tanzanian mission or consulate, usually within one day.
Though this is the recommended approach, it is also possible to obtain a tourist’s visa for a single entry at any one of the following four main entry points to Tanzania, subject to the fulfilment of all immigration and health requirements:
- Dar es Salaam International Airport
- Zanzibar International Airport
- Kilimanjaro International Airport (KIA)
- Namanga Entry Point (Tanzania-Kenya boarder point)
For all other entry points in Tanzania, visitors must hold a valid visa prior to arrival.
Passport, visa and other entry requirements
Entry requirements can change, so please contact your local Tanzania embassy to verify the information below is current.
- A passport is required for all foreign visitors and has to be valid for at least six months.
- Passports must have a clean and a full visa page for endorsement.
- When arriving from a yellow-fever-infected country in Africa or the Americas a yellow fever vaccination certificate is required.
- Citizens of most countries require a visa, which can be obtained at arrival. A list of countries and specific visa eligibilityis available from the Tanzanian Ministry of Home Affairs.
The visa fee for most nationalities will be US $50 for a single entry. Visa fee for a double entry is 70USD. For US citizens the fee is usually US $100 for a multiple entry.
Tourist visas will be valid for 3 months from the issue date.
If traveling from a yellow fever area, you will also have to provide a yellow fever certificate at the Tanzanian border.