Kilimanjaro Medical kit
Kilimanjaro Medical Kit on Kilimanjaro we are focused on safety. We understand that first and foremost, it is our main responsibility to keep all of our clients out of harm’s way.
There are no hard and fast rules about who will be affected by these illnesses. Some Himalayan experts who have been climbing for years can experience altitude sickness; meanwhile, inexperienced climbers going high for the first time might feel fine all the way to the top of Kilimanjaro.
Karibu Adventures guide carry a more comprehensive medical kit containing the following, read more here.
Wraps, Splints and Wound Coverings
- Triangular cravat bandage
- Rolled gauze
- First-aid cleansing pads with topical anesthetic
- Homeostatic (blood-stopping) gauze
- Hand sanitizer (BKZ- or alcohol-based)
- Antacid tablets
- Throat lozenges
- Lubricating eye drops
- Loperamide tablets (for diarrhea symptoms)
- Insect sting relief treatment
- Glucose or other sugar to treat hypoglycemia
- Oral rehydration salts
- Hand sanitizer
- Biodegradable soap
- Water-treatment chemicals or water guard
- Hydrogen Peroxide
Tools and Supplies
- Paramedic shears (blunt-tip scissors)
- Standard thermometer
- Small mirror
- Medical / surgical gloves (nitrile preferred; avoid latex)
- Steel sewing needle with heavy-duty thread
- Small notepadwith waterproof pencil or pen
- Emergency heat-reflecting blanket
- Headlamp(preferred) or flashlight
- Pulse Oxymeter
Kilimanjaro Medical Kit are most important as while traveling to a foreign country one should expect to have an easy situation due to the following facts:-
1: The weather condition of your mother country in some degrees differs to the destination you will be.
2: The food and water you will be using will differ from home.
3: Jet lag