Safari Extensions while Mount Kilimanjaro is the magnet which attracts the majority of our clients to East Africa, many trekkers take advantage of spending some time on a wildlife safari either before, or usually after, their Kilimanjaro climb.
Tanzania is considered to be the best safari destination on earth. Therefore It would be a shame to come all the way here and not take advantage of the wildlife viewing opportunities. The country has more protected areas than any other African country. More than 25% of its land is comprised of national parks, game reserves and conservation areas AND great migrations.
Why Book Your Tanzania Safari With Us
Pay the right price
Our policy is that you don’t have to pay more to receive the best service! We believe that everyone has the right to get the best experience for their budget. Booking tours direct with us means no agent fees or middleman.
Trusted Sources Reviews
We are a top rated safari tours company in Trusted Travel sources Like TripAdvisor, Lonely Planet etc. It is vital to us that you have a memorable experience in Tanzania. Customer feedback is essential for our company to continue improving.
Our office staff, certified Mountain guides and safaris guides are always proud to share with you there in-depth acquired knowledge from years of experience. We strive to meet our clients’ needs and tailor our tours based on their preferences!
Support Local Economy
We are a 100% a local Tanzanian Safari company. Booking with us means all your $$$ goes towards supporting the local economy. We are proud to employ local and qualified staff to provide an outstanding experience to our clients!
BUDGET CAMPING SAFARI
Want to experience the “Wild Africa” in an authentic way? A camping safari is for you! Tanzania Budget camping safari packages are the most pocket friendly compared to Tanzania lodge safari packages or Tanzania Luxury safari Packages. Many of our visitors choose to stay in tents in order to be close to nature and to the National Parks’ beautiful landscapes.
Rather camping safari gives you a unique opportunity to enjoy your safari and be very close to the nature.
In the camping safari, tents, mattresses, sleeping bags, chairs, tables, cooking wear and other camping equipment are provided by Karibu Adventures
Camping Safari Itineraries
Tanzania Lodges & Tented Camps(private tour)
Lodges & Tented Camps – A luxury tented camp is the ideal accommodation for the true African safari experience.The tents are spacious and en-suite. You come away in awe of how comfortable you were, especially seeing as you are in the middle of nowhere!
Lodges/Tented Safari Itineraries
Packing list for safari in Tanzania
If this is your first time in Tanzania or your first time on safari, this packing list below can help to be well prepared and comfortable during your adventure in Tanzania
- Valid passport
- Yellow fever vaccination records/ certificate.
- Tanzania visa, available at airport upon arrival, USD $100 payable in cash only for US citizens or USD $50 for residents of UK/European Union and most other countries.
- Copy of flight itinerary.
- Copy of travel and/or medical evacuation insurance.
- Personal medical/dental insurance cards.
- Credit card (Visa and MasterCard are most widely accepted).
Remember, it’s not a fashion show out there, so be a bit more practical when choosing your safari wardrobe. Try to stay away from bright colours – khaki and other neutral colours tend to work well. It is probably best if you dress in layers since it can get cold, but also very hot.
- Sweater or fleece pullover to keep warm
- Sturdy boots or sandals
- Sun hat
- Sun glasses
- T-shirts or polo shirts (2-5 depending on how often you want to change)
- Long sleeve shirts (light weight)
- Long trousers
- Travel towel
- Thermal underwear, gloves and warm hat (during May – Sept)
- Rain coat and rain trousers (During rainy season Mar – May and Oct – Dec)
- Camera and memory cards
- Hand sanitizer and wet wipes
- Insect Repellent
- Personal toiletries (soap, shampoo, toothbrush, eye drops etc)
- Malaria tablets
- Basic first aid kit and prescription medicines
- Flashlight or headlamp
- Chargers and extra batteries for your camera, phone etc
- Power adapter to fit the UK style electrical socket
- Bring soft luggage such as a duffel bag, hiking pack or sports bag. These are ideal for packing into a safari vehicle. Hard suitcases can often be difficult to fit into the vehicles.
- Bring a backpack to carry all of your important items including travel documents, money, camera, medication etc. You should keep this backpack with you at all times.
- Keep luxury items such as hair dryers/ straighteners, expensive jewellery, make up and bulky toiletries to an absolute minimum. If in doubt, leave them out.
- If you plan to bring cash, divide it into different areas of your carry-on luggage, wallet and money belt just in case something happens to one of those carry items.
- Leave some space in your luggage for the all-important souvenirs that you will probably buy.